276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PetalCleanse Cat &Small Animal Treatment 350ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One of the most common mistakes that people make when trying to allergen-proof their home is omitting to pay attention to the floor. It’s also worth noting that if you’re concerned about bacteria, opting for a silicone brush is wise because many silicones used in making facial cleansing brushes are anti-bacterial. But don’t throw away the idea entirely just yet – there are some ways that people who suffer from pet allergies can and do live alongside their kitty with ease. Whether you live with someone who has a pet cat or whether you can no longer resist living without a feline friend of your own, our guide on how to live with a cat if you’re allergic will provide you with some excellent tips.

It is sometimes suggested that choosing a particular breed of cat will lessen the likelihood of an allergy, but both Allergy UK and Cats Protection say that as far as is known there are no truly non-allergenic cat breeds. Some individual cats seem to produce less of the Fel d 1 protein but it’s not really possible to predict which ones. Female cats are supposed to produce less of the protein than males, and neutered males less than entire tom-cats — but nothing is guaranteed. Any allergen-containing dander in your home won’t go anywhere by itself. Whilst cleaning is a significant activity when you have pets, especially pets that cause you an allergic reaction, aerating the home is just as, if not even more essential. Having a pet in the home is something that many people take for granted, but if you have an animal allergy, it can mean that your chances of living in harmony with a furry friend are dramatically reduced.

How you can help

Marian, from Essex, has a much-loved cat she adopted several years ago in spite of her allergies. “I have to remember to wash my hands after I’ve stroked her,” she says. “If I forget, my face comes out in blotches and my eyes sting. As allergies go, though, it could be worse — I have a very severe reaction to bell peppers, for example! With Gem, when my reaction was at its worst, I used to wheeze a lot, but that improved after I stopped her sleeping on my pillow. Build up resistance. There is no cure for allergy to cats (yet!), but immunotherapy may help increase your tolerance. Immunotherapy involves getting allergy shots once or twice weekly for up to six months, then monthly boosters for three to five years. Some people develop complete immunity, while others continue to need shots, and still others find no relief at all.

Contrary to popular belief, cat hair itself is not allergenic. The cause of allergy to cats is a protein called Fel d 1 emanating from sebum found in the sebaceous glands of cats. The protein attaches itself to dried skin, called dander, that flakes off and floats through the air when cats wash themselves. Although you may never be able to eliminate all your allergy symptoms, following these suggestions can help make living with your cat a more enjoyable experience.If you suffer from allergies relating to your cat, it can be a sage idea to remove your carpets and go for a hard floor option.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment