276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Celestron 31145 NexStar 130SLT Portable Computerised Newtonian Reflector Telescope, Grey

£68.495£136.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Firstly though, from an aside section the book, it tells us that the 60/80/114/4 (there was no 130cm OTA then) can be moved in azimuth by hand. I don't know if this is still applicable. inch-wide field 24mm eye piece. Yes, this scope can take 2-inch eye pieces and that little extra weight helps with vibration. So if you plan to upgrade your eyepiece collection, read my Telescope Eyepiece Guide . Celestron SkyPortal WiFi module upgrade DSLR Cameras Canon EOS DSLR Cameras Nikon DSLR Cameras Digital Compact Cameras Instant and Single Use Cameras Instant Cameras Instant Camera Film Single Use Cameras Instant Printers

Celestron 31145 NexStar 130SLT Portable Computerised

All other points noted Paul. I am gradually working on the review to add useful things and will try to do an update later this week. It was a pity that I couldn't use it this last weekend. I am enjoying finding out its capabilities. I have found it to be a decent scope for most types of viewing, but I agree on the shakiness, the power consumption and the GoTo tech being too complicated. Having to enter the date and time every time, really?! I do like the sturdiness and quality of the tripod, but I am really disappointed with some of the plastic parts such as the main battery cover, the end cap and the finderscope battery cover. They look and feel cheap. How bad are the vibrations after tweaking the focuser? That could be a really major deficiency, no? I've had scopes before in which that was a real nuisance, especially at high power. Have you found any work arounds?

Now that you’ve explored the user experience and ease of use in this computerized telescope review, it’s time to give you the final verdict and recommendation. mm eyepieces, StarFinder Finderscope, Computerised Alt-Azimuth Mount, Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray Welcome to CN! What a great contribution for your first post. Simply wonderful write-up! I've been looking for a thorough review and yours fit the bill. The entire telescope kit is a simple, no-tool assembly and fast SkyAlign alignment procedure will have you ready to observe in minutes. This makes NexStar 130SLT your perfect companion for impromptu observing sessions and all-night stargazing marathons alike.

Celestron NexStar 130SLT Computerised Reflector Telescope

Both are more than effective for many people, but the 130 SLT would be the best choice regarding aperture if you’re looking for a refined image. Focal Ratio You said however that there is is some slight and sporadic movement which would tend to indicate that at least the HC is communicating. Note that there is bound to be some light fall off towards the edge of the field otherwise the secondary mirror would have to be enormous. I have tried it and was pleasantly surprised that it was not as obvious as I had expected. A short focal length APO refractor will always be better that a Newtonian in this respect. (At several times the cost!) A piece of advice here: use your longitude and latitude to set your location rather than your country and city. The former will provide a better alignment and make your sessions more straightforward than using the latter.Celestron NexStar 130 SLT is a Newtonian Reflector with two mirrors. One is a small secondary mirror at the front of the optical tube mounted on a spider mount. I’ve heard and seen people complain a lot about setting up the Celestron NexStar 130SLT, especially using SkyAlign. I won’t say it’s exactly straightforward. But I’ll say that it requires practice and some basic knowledge of spotting objects in the sky. Used Optics Used Binoculars Used Scopes Used Accessories Used Accessories for Canon EOS Cameras Used Accessories for Nikon Cameras Used Accessories for Fujifilm Cameras Used Accessories for Micro 4/3 Cameras Used Accessories for Sony Alpha Cameras Used Camera Bags, Cases and Straps More Used Equipment GENTLY is the watchword here since as you know these 'scopes cannot and may not be moved in azimuth. Secondly, on reading the SLT manual, it infers that you can, (with power off), move the OTA as it describes it. I'm not however sure that this means just in Altitude like my N8i, or in both Altitude and Azimuth.

Celestron 130SLT eyepiece help - Stargazers Lounge Celestron 130SLT eyepiece help - Stargazers Lounge

In my opinion, the small finder scopes with the crosshair are better because they are actually small scopes that are more accurate. But the red dot finder will do the job, and you can always upgrade it later to a proper finderscope.Included Items: Optical Tube | Single Fork Arm Mount & Tripod | Accessory Tray| NexStar+ Hand Control | 20 mm & 9 mm eyepiece | StarPointer™ red dot finderscope | Star Diagonal Red Dot Finder: The telescope comes with a StarPointer red dot finder, which helps with alignment and locating objects in the sky. This feature is especially useful for beginners who are new to astronomy. The popularity of our NexStar 114 models inspired us to go bigger! We are proud to introduce NexStar 130 SLT. The NexStar 130 SLT has 30% more light-gathering power than our 114mm telescope. And the 114 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 114 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze. A good telescope should offer a range of features that make it an excellent choice for beginners and experienced stargazers alike and this does just that. As I’ve previously mentioned, the telescope suits deep sky objects viewing more than planetary observations. So, you’ll see crispier images when viewing faint objects, like fainter Messier objects than Saturn, for example.

Celestron NexStar 130SLT Manuals | ManualsLib Celestron NexStar 130SLT Manuals | ManualsLib

With reflecting telescopes, you always have to collimate. Collimation is a simple process of aligning the mirrors of the telescope. Poor collimation can result in blurry images or focusing problems.You can’t go wrong considering the price point, as many other telescopes on the market can easily be much more expensive. We Brits have to remember that we set dates by DD/MM/YY but the hand controller does it the US way MM/DD/YY. That's great about the battery life! I hadn't realized that the NiMH had gotten to 2300 amh... I think my best are 1800... if I get the scope, I'll definitely get the higher amps... It’s also important to note that the internal battery compartment is what delivers power to the servo motors.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment