276°
Posted 20 hours ago

CERNIT Polymer Paste, Translucent White, 500 g

£16.69£33.38Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sculpey III is an inexpensive hobby clay that is disliked by serious polymer clay artists, so I was not surprised at its poor performance.

Cernit Translucent Polymer Clay - Artsavingsclub Cernit Translucent Polymer Clay - Artsavingsclub

I'll go into the advantages and disadvantages of each brand to give you a broad picture of what the different brands are like and what they are best used for.Once sanded and polished, the translucent colours look like the precious stones they are named after.

Translucent Polymer Clays - Jessama Tutorials Overview of Translucent Polymer Clays - Jessama Tutorials

Pardo, however, becomes much more clear when baked hot and is remarkably heat tolerant with little browning. But for jewelry, for anything requiring durability and/or flexibility, there are much better choices.Cernit is a premium polymer clay, perfect for a wide range of projects including jewellery making, ornaments and buttons. It’s mushy too work with, too soft for caning, many of the colors darken during baking, and its translucent…isn’t. Thin Sheets Thin sheets of translucent polymer clay show Pardo, Cernit, and Premo to be close rivals for holding the title for most translucent. I only started working with Premo white translucent polymer clay recently, but I’ve already learned to love it. Why must the name of Sculpey III be taken in vain simply because it is the clay of choice for the budget minded?

Cernit Translucent Modelling Clay | 50,000+ Art Supplies

There will be delays as new purchases are made, shipped, put through customs, etc, so we have no idea when it will be readily available again, sadly. This was the first translucent clay I came across and at first I was a bit confused as to what I was supposed to do with it. Just last month, in fact, as switchplate cover that I made from Sculpey III glow in the dark shattered and fell to the ground.It is obvious in this photograph, though, that Sculpey III and Kato Translucent are not particularly translucent. I sand with flexible micron papers from Rio Grande and polish with an ultra soft buff on a high speed wheel. Today I'll be creating a mokume gane polymer clay crackle veneer using plain printing paper to dry out the clay. It doesn’t get so sticky and we can work with it a bit more than the other clays which became a bit unworkable. This Pardo translucent chip was done on the thickest setting on the pasta machine and you can see the plaques in this photo.

Cernit® Translucent Polymer Clay | Michaels Cernit® Translucent Polymer Clay | Michaels

It does not matter if you are using a household oven, a heat gun, or a toaster oven…burning clay is to be avoided.When baked at this temperature, a waxy residue forms on the surface of the clay and this needs to be removed before painting, gluing, or finishing the piece. It's not very transparent in thin slices and it might as well not be translucent at all at thicker settings. Create masterpieces with this pliable modelling clay- then bake it in the oven for a porcelain-like finish!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment